During kitten season, Happy Tails often receives contacts from community members who find stray kittens that they wish to help. While we wish we could take them all in, we often run out of room in foster homes and are unable to accept all the kittens we are contacted about. Listed below are some guidelines and resources that have been developed by rescue organizations to discern how to best to assist stray kittens.
- Finding a Kitten Outdoors | What to Do with Found Kittens Outside (alleycat.org)
- Surrender to Foster Program — Cats About Town Society
- SakRescue: Home (sakrescue.net)
- Kitten Connection Rescue Program: https://insidesacramento.com/kitten-crusaders
Neonatal Kittens (under 4 weeks)
- Orphan Kitten Project is a student-run non-profit organization at the UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine. Orphan Kitten Project